Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Favorite Banana Muffins





I Love Banana Bread and Muffins. After much searching I found this recipe that I really like. It is simple, easy to make and very tasty. I have made them as the recipe called for as well as with the substitutions listed below and they turned out well both ways.


Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!!!


  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour ( I have also used white wheat flour)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium ripe bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil ( I have also used apple sauce)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions


  • In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
  • Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.

Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Originally published as Basic Banana Muffins in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p14

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!