Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Super Spider-Man Birthday Party

So I had the pleasure of putting together this Super Spider-Man Birthday party for my, now,  4 year old.  This is my 11th party I have had for one of my boys.  Hard to believe.  This one was fun, but man; I hope I never have to work with red fondant ever again!!!  My cake didn't turn out quite how I was hoping, but the boys all loved it and that is truly what matters! 
We had to include lost of sweets.  I can't have a birthday party for this boy without jelly beans.

I went with very simple, but super, snacks.  




This was a fun project.  I'm not a huge fan of goody bags, but I do like to send the kids home with something.  Usually it is a sugar cookie.  To the sugar cookies I added super hero capes.  They seemed to be a big hit with all of them.  They were easy to make too.  Well, I made them easy anyhow.  I was by no means going for perfection, that's for sure.
Here is how I made them:
I cut fabric in a half circle then the circle in half.  To get a good half circle I tied a marker to a string and held it at one end then made the circle (kind of like a compass).  After cutting them and then cutting them in half I did the same thing making a smaller half circle at the top and cutting that out.  If you feel inclined, this is when you could hem the fabric.  I skipped this step.  It just didn't seem worth it for 14 capes that would probably be ruined faster than the time it took me to make them.  At this point, I sewed on a ribbon at the top and then used fabric tape to tape hook and loop so they would be safe and easy to put on and off.  This kids enjoyed this and my 3 boys have enjoyed running around the house after each other in them!



These are the invitations that I made.  I only wish that I had this picture before I made them...oh well, what are you gonna do!



The weather was so beautiful we spent alot of time out in the yard and they kids enjoyed doing an super hero training course.

We had a super time, that's for sure!!! 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!