Friday, February 24, 2012

Date Night...Friday Night

So I'm looking forward to tonight.  We are having an, after the kids go to bed, date night.  For Valentines day I usually don't buy gifts, I try to make them.  For Keith this year, thanks to Pinterest, I came up with a couple good ideas for him. He LOVES chocolate chip cookie dough, so first, I made him these...

Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
you can find the recipe here: http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2010/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles.html

Well, not these actual ones.  I did attempt to shape them into hearts.  They turned out pretty cute.  I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture.  Oh well.  I guess they were gone to quickly!

Second, I gave him an envelope full of 12, pre-planned date nights.  One per month.  He has been really busy at work so we are just now getting to February.  Most of my ideas are inexpensive and some of them, we just stay in.  No babysitter needed.

Our plan for tonight is to stay in, snack on Creamy Hazelnut Dip which was made with Nutella.  You can never go wrong with Nutella. We are also going to plan our "dream" weekend getaway...if only it weren't a dream.  Oh well.  I think we are going to check out Canada...some day maybe.  At least we will know where we want to stay if that day ever comes!

Well...now to play Wii with the boys.


No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!