Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fun Food

I was going to post another muffin recipe, but I haven't taken pictures of them yet, so it will have to wait. In the mean time, here are some fun things that I have made for the boys recently...
My oldest, who is in Kindergarten, usually eats hot lunch, but when he doesn't I try to make him something fun.  Here is a bologna sandwich with gold fish and blueberries & cucumbers.
   
This is the VERY YUMMY Creamy Hazelnut Dip I made the other night for Date Night.  Was it every good.  I highly recommend it!

This was actually my oldest's sons design.  He wanted a "silly snack" after school, with which I was unprepared, so this is what he came up with.  It's a frog.  I made him a lunch that matched today, so I'll try to post it sometime too.

I made this a while ago, but just loved it and had to share it!

This was a very tasty dinner.  I'll share the recipe below, to the best of my ability.  I made it up and didn't write it down.  This is the big kid version.

This is the one year old version.

These were quesadilla.  I made a filling of canned black beans that I pureed  and to that added sour cream and cumin.  Then I mixed shredded cheddar cheese and a carrot puree.  I spread the bean mixture on a tortilla then topped it with the cheese mixture and  put the top tortilla on.  Then I baked it in the oven, I'm guessing at 350^ until the filling was melted and they were a bit browned.

Sorry for the lousy directions, but I really don't remember exactly what I did or amounts I used, but they were really good!!! 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!