Monday, February 27, 2012

Random Organization

I enjoy organizing pretty much anything I can.  Lets face it. It usually makes things so much easier...like trying to figure out just what kind of treat you really want!!!.  In my attempts at organization, I try to do it as inexpensively as possible, so I try to use things I already have.  If the need arises, I will go out and buy something...if I really have to. 

Here you can see, first, we have WAY to much candy in our home. This is after Christmas and we still had some Halloween suckers hanging around, as well as a mighty fine PEZ collection. So, I found a tub that we weren't using and added some plastic cottage cheese and sour cream containers to hold the loot.  Now it is much easier to see what we have and easier to pitch what we don't need...well, you know what I mean.

I also have a very very small cutlery drawer.  With all the kids stuff as well as everything else that belonged in there I had a mess most of the time and it drove me crazy.  I have had these lovely green baskets in there for quite a while (I believe I acquired them when I was in high school...I'm telling you, I use what I have).  They work out great to hold knives measuring spoons, can opener, etc. and they fit perfectly.  But the kiddo's plastic-ware was always floating all over the drawer.  I finally came up with using Velveeta cheese boxes to hold them.  It has worked perfectly and keep my drawer much neater and it is easy for my 3 year old to help me put away the silverware.                                                                
Gotta love FREE organizing. Now...what else can I use Velveeta Cheese Boxes for...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!