Monday, February 20, 2012

Laundry...You've gotta do it!

I do not enjoy doing laundry, but I realize I don't really have a choice in the matter...it has to be done.  After many years of getting very behind on laundry week after week I came up with something that works for me.  Not promising that it will work for everyone, and I'm sure some will think, DUH!!! I've always done that, it just makes sense, but I guess I'm slow learning sometime.  Anyhow, I made up a laundry schedule.  Here is how it works...

  • Monday........Boys Clothes
  • Tuesday........Our Darks
  • Wednesday...Towels
  • Thursday.......Boys Clothes
  • Friday...........Our Whites, 
  • Saturday.......Sheets
Then I have a Misc. that I do when I can or need to: Coats, Blankets, Slip Covers, Bedding etc...

I have found that if I stick to this, it make the task of laundry much less overwhelming.  Even if I get a day behind, I just start where I left off.  Sometime, I have to do two loads a day if I get behind, but that's better than when I would be a week behind and not know where to start.

I like doing my towels on Wednesdays.  They are the quickest and easiest to fold, so if I am behind the towels are a good thing to have in the middle  I will also throw my towels in other time of the week if I have a light load.

As far as the boys clothes, I don't separate the lights and darks unless it's something that I am concerned about.  If that is the case, I put it in with our stuff or use a color catcher.    

Folding is my weak point.  I have found that when my closets and dressers are more organized, then folding and putting away clothes is so much less daunting.

I don't have the most glamours laundry room, but it works.  I don't have a picture of it, but I do have an idea of what I would like it to look like some day, or at least similar.

IMG_4385
Source: 
http://designbuildlove.co/pinterest-partayy-entire-room-makeover/



  

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!