Thursday, February 16, 2012

Joy...

As I begin this new blogging venture I figured I would start out with one of the things that has been a work in progress in my life for a while now.  Thinking on how to experience true joy in the Lord is something I desire for myself as well as my family, and I know it is what God desires for me.  So...  


What is true joy and how & when do we we experience it? 1 Thessalonians 5 v. 16-18 says; "be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is Gods will for you in Christ Jesus." So the true question is how do we be joyful always? I mean, what does true joy look like? I find "joy" in many things, a lot of them quite silly. A clean bathroom, an organized cabinet, yes, cleaning brings me joy. Watching my children laugh, accomplish something new or just give me a hug and tell me they love me, joy. I know God wants us to take joy in all these things, but I believe there is something more that He wants us to take joy in. It is simple and complicated (at least to me) at the same time. He wants us to take joy in Him. Sounds simple enough. So now, how do we do that? I can take joy in things He has created and in abilities he has given me, but how do I take joy in Him?

So, I'm thinking that in order to do this, for starters, I need to be serving Him more. Going out and being fishers of men. Those, that we are able to partake in their being lead to Christ, should bring us so much joy. There are so many ways in which I can do this - it's just getting out there and doing it. Why don't I do this more? I do feel fortunate that God has allowed me to have 3 wonderful boys.  I get to work on this every day with them and I do have joy in this! Watching them this morning sitting on my bed, they each had their own bible looking at the stories and asking me questions. This bring me true joy. Knowing that God is working in those small boys lives and that he is allowing me to be part of that! I just pray more and more every day for the ability to "be joyful always"! This is just the tip of the iceberg and I pray that God will continue to show me how I can be a part of advancing His kingdom and receiving the eternal joy that is a part of that, and, seeing the simple and silly joys that God has blessed me with every day!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!