Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fish Cakes...

I was looking for new recipes for tilapia and this is one I found that the entire family really liked!!!
Fish Cakes...who would have thought that my boys would like this, but they really were very yummy and easy. Here is the recipe:

Dijon Fish Cakes from realsimple.com


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400° F. Place the tilapia on a rimmed baking sheet and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Bake until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool and flake into small pieces.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, eggs, dill, and 1 tablespoon of the mustard. Fold in the tilapia and panko. Form the mixture into 8 cakes and chill for at least 30 minutes. Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the tilapia cakes until golden, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, the remaining 1 teaspoon of mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the salad greens and toss to combine. Serve with the fish cakes.
I partnered them with green beans and garlic buttered noodles.  

I will be making these again for sure. 

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!