Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thinking...

After my post last Thursday, it got me thinking that I don't take the time to think.  There are so many times that I come across a question that I feel, if I only had time to really think about that...  Whether it be at church, small group, while reading and doing my quite times etc...  I need to take the time to think about the information that I am studying and process it so I can apply it to my life more relevantly.  So often I think to myself this verse:

Proverbs 31:27 
She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.
 
But I need to remember this also:
Psalm 1:2-3
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by [b]streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its [c]leaf does not wither; And [d]in whatever he does, he prospers. 
So I looked into this word, idle.  In my mind it meant being still, not active, etc...which is true to an extent; however; the way this word is used in its original context of Hebrew, translates to laziness; meaning a lazy lifestyle.  I then looked into the word meditate and it said "serious contemplation".

I need to take the time to sit and meditate on what God is teaching me and remember that this is not a lazy act, but something I have been told to do many times though out scripture.  I am going to try to take one thought or question a week, because I know baby steps for me work so much better than trying to think of anything and everything I have ever wanted to ponder.  I am not a good thinker, I am easily distracted and discouraged, so I will be leaning on the Holy Spirit for understanding.  How glad I am to know I have God with me always guiding even my thoughts if I just trust and ask Him to lead.

We will see how this goes!  Oh, my brain hurts...I better go to bed, I'm going to need more rest if I plan on thinking more...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

wife to an incredible man; mom to 3 amazing boys; trying to live life joyfully; and loving my savior Jesus Christ. I enjoy crafting, decorating, cooking comfort food, planning parties & singing. I love, that I get to stay home to train up my little ones in the Lord, spending time with my husband, spending time with family and friends, spending time with God. I desire to be serving the Lord in all I do, discipling others as I continue to grow, be a fisher of men. Constantly trying to prioritize...and rejoicing in Him!